Sustainability is at the forefront of the way we do business; it is part of our DNA. At every aspect of our processes we are looking at the impact of the build on the environment and how we can reduce it.
We are certified in accordance with ISO 14001 and an accredited Green Living Builder with the Master Builders Association of Australia.
Sustainability in Housing
For our Residential Projects Prime Build is dedicated to following all the BASIX (Building Sustainability Index).
By doing so we ensure our homes are designed to use less potable water and be responsible for fewer greenhouse gas emissions by setting energy and water reduction targets for houses and units using a wide range of options such as rainwater tanks, water-saving fixtures, improved insulation, passive solar orientation, natural lighting and native plants for gardens.
As an accredited MBA Green Living builder, Prime Build can offer our customers a range of sustainable design opportunities to both reduce the running costs and environmental impact of your home.
In considering environmental impact, we seek to:
- Minimise greenhouse gas emissions
- Maximise sustainable suppliers and energy saving initiatives
- Utilise recycled content in production wherever possible
- Recycle and reuse project materials where appropriate
- Minimise the use of water
- Minimise toxicity through selection of materials and practices
- Operate within best practice
- Follow guidelines and codes of the appropriate authorities such as the Environmental Protection Agency
- Look to our peers around the globe to learn and bring more sustainable innovation to what we do
- We are proud to be taking an industry-leading role in creating a more sustainable environment across Australia and will continue to seek out ways to reduce the environmental impact.
- We recognise our responsibility to preserve the natural environment and ensure it remains healthy and sustainable for future generations.